Permission to Allow Dog: Addendum to Rental Agreement
We love dogs and believe that 95% of our guests are careful and responsible pet owners. More and more, guests prefer to travel with their dog, and some owners are happy to accommodate them. This Addendum provides our expectations to ensure a happy stay for all.
- Any Guest wishing to bring a Dog to a Rental Property must read and abide by the rules outlined in this Addendum, with the primary purpose to ensure that safe and sanitary surroundings are provided for all Guests, Visitors, Owners, and Owner’s Representatives, to protect the physical integrity of the property, and to protect and provide for the well-being of the Dog.
- The Dog Fee is not a cleaning fee, it is a fee for permission to bring a Dog to the Property. There is additional wear and tear and risk to the Owner in allowing a dog at their Property.The fee for one dog is $100 plus 9% lodging tax ($50 plus tax for an additional dog.)
- All Dogs must be restrained by leash or voice command on the grounds of the Property. Dogs are not permitted to roam off the Property. If one legitimate complaint is received by Blue Hill Bay Property Rentals (BHBPR) from a neighbor regarding a roaming or noisy dog, BHBPR will give the Guest one warning. If BHBPR gets a second complaint, the Dog may be required to leave immediately.
- Permission to keep a Dog at the Property is granted at the sole discretion of the Owner and will be based in part on the Dog’s own merits, as well as the Guest’s ability to maintain control over their Dog.
- Unauthorized Dogs, including Dogs of visitors or invitees, will not be allowed inside the Property, even on a temporary basis, without permission from BHBPR on behalf of Owner.
- Dogs are not allowed in the following areas of the Property:
- 1. On top of beds or couches or other furnishings (other Guests coming to the property after you may have pet allergies)
- 2. Bathrooms (to prevent Dogs from being washed in Property tubs or showers).
- Guest specifically acknowledge agreement of Items 1 and 2 above by initialing here:
- Owner would not like Dog to be left alone in the Property although Owner understands that sometimes this is not an option and that Guest must leave Dog in a property while going out to dinner etc. The concern is that a Dog left alone in an unfamiliar place may naturally become anxious, including barking and causing damage. There have been several issues where a Dog has been left behind in a Property for the day while Guest is gone on a day trip, i.e., visiting Acadia National Park. At the end of the day the Guest returned to find that, according to neighbors, the Dog was barking throughout the day and disturbing them. If Guest thinks their Dog could be prone to this – Guest should consider not bringing their Dog. This statement does not say a Dog cannot be left alone – but rather states that if they are - and they do damage or bark disturbing neighbors - the Dog will be considered “in violation” as noted below.
- Any Dog waste deposited on the Property must be cleaned up by the Guest and disposed of in trash in tightly-tied plastic bags. A $30 fee per Dog excrement will be retained from the Security Deposit for every separate instance of waste left for us to clean up on the Property.
- All Dogs must be on a flea and tick deterrent, starting at least 15 days prior to arrival at the Property, and be up-to-date on all shots, including Rabies, with documentation available upon request.
- Nails must be trimmed on Dog before arrival at the Property.
- Wet Dogs are not permitted inside the Property.
Owner and BHBPR shall not be liable to Guest or any third party for any incident or damage and specifically disclaim any such liability. If a Dog is found to be in violation of any of these conditions and Guest and BHBPR, on behalf of owner, aren’t able to come up with a suitable resolution, the Dog will be required to leave the Property immediately. Several nearby kennels are available to accommodate your Dog under these circumstances.
Guest agrees that it will be a significant and material breach of this agreement if they fail to remove the Dog from the Property immediately after being found in violation by providing initials here:
- Evident Dog hair in the property must be vacuumed and removed by the Guest prior to departure. Extra cleaning charges will apply at a rate of $35 an hour for excessive amounts of Dog hair found in the property after the rental period plus taxes and a $50 Service Fee charged to the pre-authorized credit card.
- THERE SHOULD BE NO EVIDENCE THAT A DOG WAS AT THE PROPERTY AT THE END OF GUEST’S STAY.
- Should Guest decide at a later date, before the final payment is due, that Guest no longer is bringing their Dog, payment of the entire Dog Fee, less $10, will be refunded. If Guest does not notify BHBPR until, during or after the start of the rental that their dog did not accompany them to the Property, the Dog fee will not be refunded.
Guest acknowledges and Fully Agrees to this Pet Addendum by signing below.
Guest Printed Name:
Name of Dog: